Here is a list of "known issues" regarding the initial implementation of OnlyOffice:
- Certain .ppt files won't open (files made by Keynote).
- .docx files greater than 100 pages may not able to be opened and crash. A temporary suggestion/workaround is to convert the file to pdf.
- Can only open files less than 10MB.
- Cannot save the edit for .doc/.ppt/.xls files but can convert to .docx/.pptx/.xlsx or open in read-only mode. After converting from .doc/.ppt/.xls to .docx/.pptx/.xlsx, Amber iX still opens the old .doc/.ppt/.xls format, so a suggestion is to download the converted .doc/.ppt/.xls to PC/Mac as a workaround.
- When attempting to open the converted .doc/.xls/.ppt files, there will be an error message saying that the OS is not up-to-date. To work around it, users need to click on the newly converted file to edit.