Remote replication enables you to perform data backup with another Rsync-compatible server.
To setup your Amber as a backup server for remote backup from an Rsync-compatible server:
1. Go to Backup Tool > Remote Replication > Rsync Server. Check Enable Rsync server and click Apply. Keep in mind the default port is 873.
2. Next, you're going to create a backup destination folder for your remote backup. Click Create under Backup destination folders.
3. Set up destination folders:
- Destination name - Enter a destination name for this backup.
- Destination folder - Select a destination folder for this backup.
- Authentication required - If you want to require authentication, enter a username and password for this backup (optional).
- Description - Enter a description for this backup (optional).