How do I add/invite another user to my Amber X?
Note: You must be on the same network as your Amber X to invite a new user and your AmberCloud account must be the owner of the Amber.
You can invite other users to share the storage on Amber X. Users will then be able to log into Amber iX and backup data on their mobile device and computer to your Amber X. Each user will only have access to their own files unless there are files being shared, except the admin. The admin has access to all users' files on Amber X (this can be disabled only by the admin in the User Settings in Control Panel).
1. Open the Amber iX app on your mobile device and navigate to Settings
2. Tap on the 3 dots on the Amber X you wish to share
3. Tap Manage Your Amber
4. The Amber iX app will look for your Amber X device and will ask you to verify your AmberCloud account.
5. Tap Other Users
6. Tap the + icon at the top right or the Invite button
7. Type in the email address of the person you wish to invite and tap Send Invitation
Note: You can invite up to 7 other users on your Amber X, 8 total including the admin.
8. Your invite will receive an email asking them to accept the invite via their Amber iX app for mobile or desktop
9. If your invite has not yet received an invite, you can resend an invitation by tapping the 3 dots next to their invite on your Amber iX app and tapping Resend
10. Once your invite has accepted your request, your app will reflect the acceptance.