Note: destination folders must exist if using another Amber as a backup server. See "Set up Destination Folders" in this guide: https://support.myamberlife.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019640351-How-do-I-setup-Amber-as-an-Rsync-Server-for-Remote-Replication-
Remote replication enables you to perform data backup with another Rsync-compatible server.
To backup your data from your Amber to another Rsync compatible server:
1. Go to Backup Tool > Remote Replication > Remote Sync. Click Create.
2. Enter a name for this Rsync task.
3. Click Add server info for Rsync server.
4. Click Create.
5. Add Rsync server:
- Remote server name - enter a name for the remote server.
- Server address - enter the remote server's IP address.
- Port - enter the port number (default is 873).
- Username - enter the username for this backup (if authentication is required).
- Password - enter the password for this backup (if authentication is required)
- Connection status - Test connection to see if a connection can be made to remote server.
Click Add server.
6. Select the folder you want to backup under Your Amber. You can also set the frequency and time to run this backup.
- Backup immediately - check this box if you want to run this backup right after this task is created.
- Backup Option - check this box if you want deleted files to also be deleted in the backup server upon the next backup.